After a brief hiatus we're back in February. And we're also back at Campus North. We've got two talks for you this month.
Building your own Private Cloud on a Shoe String
This month, we have a talk by Mark Thompson from Global Data Sentinel... During this talk I will offer an alternative to AWS and Azure, a little known provider that also happens to have the third most hosting servers in the world (According to Netcraft 2015).
What if I also said this company was also was often much cheaper than Azure or AWS while offering similar SLA’s? What about an easy to use REST API that covers pretty much everything they do? Interested yet? I was. The company is called OVH.
I will discuss the benefits and limitations of using OVH to build a cloud infrastructure. Discussions and Demonstrations will include:
- Virtual Instances on the OVH Public Cloud
- Dedicated Servers
- Setting up Microsoft Hyper-V Core on Dedicated Hardware
- Microsoft System Centre Virtual Machine Manager
- Firewalls and Load Balancers
- Private Networking and World Wide Data Centres
- Using Object Storage with Open Stack and C#
- Git, Gulp, Grunt, Node and Code: Making Sense of the Modern Development Toolchain